Thursday, April 24, 2008

Joel rocks.

Joel rocks. As usual, I didn't do all the stuff I should have done to get signed up to be part of this blog, so I am short cutting by using Joel's log in. Thankfully, he continues to be a great team player!

We had our presentation today. I was a bit concerned (bordering on panic) last night as Joel was sick and he is the keeper of the powerpoint for the presentation. Luckily for me, he has bounced back and was able to get our our fabulous presentation (Thanks to Nancy Johnson for the fab video and the last minute rescue!) up and running. Ours looked the best, if I do say so.

Other than that, we have gotten some great ideas for new programs and for programs that we haven't yet created, but are on our work plans for the future. It is so useful to learn from other agencies and to avoid the pitfalls of starting from scratch. I am going up to Mount Vernon to get a back of house look at their Soap Box derby in May. They are in their second year, and we can get some great pointers from them.

We have to get to a session in 4 minutes, so that is all from me.

Lori

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for posting Lori! Soapbox Derby races sound awesome. Are you going to run one behind our building on the old Soapbox racing hill? That'd be a great distraction for us working here in the building.

Glad the presentation went well! Nancy's last minute rescue is now legendary. She has set the bar pretty high for the rest of us :-)
Anne

Tareena said...

Lori and Joel did an awesome job recapping the glory and successes of all things First Night. The media was great, they received good questions, gave props to staff both present and at home, and did a fab job representing MPT. Wahoo!