My closing comments: Very worthwhile experience for me to attend the conference, training sessions, social networking opportunities and the carpooling courtesy of the Cottey-mobile. I am very grateful to MPT for affording me the opportunity. I learned a great deal more than I thought possible (especially about the quarks of MPT staff) and enjoyed getting to know many of the staff a little better. Did you know that at least 6 of the MPT conference attendees played in the band in HS? Did you know that several MPT staff appreciated the chance to sample some of Washington state fine wine (before or after conference close only of course)?
And for fun, can you guess some of these personalities that emerged throughout the week: Traffic Circle Wildman, Tech King (aka Mr. Change), Purell Princess, Baba, Mr. Only-5-Gallons-To-Get-Here, High Maintenance #2, Mr. Nearly-got-beat-by-a-girl (he tied actually), Mr. Backseat Broken Back, Malibu Barbie, and Cottey-mobile Meister? Thanks to Margaret and Lori for the apple juice tasting. Major snaps to Anne for giving us the chance to blog. Thanks everyone for making the new girl feel welcome.
1 comment:
It's been fun to be along with you all - through blogging. :) I am on my own conference adventure learning about great things in recreation here in the midwest. I haven't blogged - so I'm making a comment. Currently, I'm sitting at the Milwaukee airport waiting for my currently 2 hour delayed flight for information and reading blogs. My space at your conference, facebook was all that at my conference. It's better??
Well I have grand plans for inclusion for back in the District. I did my share of "drinking juice" as well. Not so much apple juice as "grape juice". Luckily I carry Tylenol in my purse - not locked up in my checked baggage. Anyway - if anyone is actually reading this and you want more information on MY exciting conference let me know. and possibly how to blog the right way?
Post a Comment